Home » Digital portfolio

Digital portfolio

Exploratory essay. (Eyinade Olugbadehan- exploratory essay        )

This essay was my starter for my final research report. It was an exploratory assignment that focused on researching a subtopic regarding water scarcity. It dealt with me creating analysis resources to explain my topic and how we could find multiple solutions for the issue. The main purpose of the assignment was to collect sources for a problem, clarify the idea behind it, and make the intended audience understand the concept. I used the skills I learned in my previous lecture regarding organizational schema to properly structure my work in a logical order. I also wrote the essay in a particular style to help keep the audience engaged with the grammar, clarity, and sentence structure. The work took a week to complete but it made me expand my knowledge and skill on this type of essay. 

Here is my Exploratory essay which is my second essay. 

Journal Entry one.

This was the first assignment given to us, I believe. It was choppy a little and had many grammatical errors with bad sentence structure. This short essay was a narrative essay explaining an impactful experience with nature. It had a different style of writing that I no longer use. I used figurative language to pass my point across, with the use of simile to describe a feeling or event concerning another. Though it was a bit structured, I went in chronological order so the audience could follow the story with little confusion. The tone, language, and appeal I applied in my work showed that it meant for a general audience or group of people that wanted insights into someone’s relationship with nature but in an understandable manner.

Here is my journal entry

Discussion Post – style and mindset.

This discussion post assignment focused on a writing strategy about style and mindset. It centered on techniques writers should use in a work to develop writings that served the purpose it was intended for. Style is used to engage in effective communicative language (grammar, mechanics, clarity) for either topic, rhetorical, or audience-focused. While the other technique was to help improve the state of mind of the writer because the role of their character plays a lot in the writing process. This enhanced my skill in constructing my essays because, with a better mindset and proper style, I could create works that concentrated on the subject and an audience. 

Here is my post.

Discussion post two – organizational schema and logical reasoning.

This post was about the writing strategy of organizational schema and logical reasoning. This was the easiest assignment for me to understand, I already implemented this technique in my writing but it improved better. This focuses on the methods of organizing and interpreting information. It suggests we follow a particular pattern and structure for clarification to the audience. If a text is organized in a certain frame, it distinguishes what level of writing the work is intended for. This is to make communication easier and spread the information faster among the writer and their niche of an audience. Being able to identify and understand this format makes writing much more fun simple. 

Here is my post.

Discussion post three – Classical arguments.

This was surprisingly a useful skill needed. I already knew the concept behind the three rhetorical appeals but up until this lecture, I did not realize how critical it was especially since I would require it for my research report. The use of Ethos and Logos not only provided general knowledge but it served as an insight into the importance of credibility. Writers need facts, evidence proper sources to create an argument for their work, so it resonates with the intended audience. This is where the rhetorical appeals come into place, with Ethos for credibility which serves as sources it shows that experiences are more likely to win over an audience. With the use of logos that contain facts and evidence, it is easier to convince the people that the argument being made is true and not an opinion. Using both appeals in my essay made the work much more persuasive in supporting my claims. 

Here is my post.